Thursday, September 14, 2006

the good lifey

I know, if i'm gonna get a blog I should blog. I figure now is a good time since I can't move after eating buffalo wings and spaghetti O's (possibly the most ridiculous/disgusting combination everrrr).

So since I got here I have been trying to adjust to the new situation, the new "job", the new people, the new everything...
And surprisingly everything is going well. Last week we went on a retreat to Eastham and stayed at Coast Guard Beach for a while. It was really beautiful... we got to explore the area a bunch and do a lot of getting to know you activities. My favorite part was learning about ticks, rabies and mosquito bourne illnesses.

The weekend was also lovely, the Bourne house entertained the Wellfleet house with our sweet new karaoke machine/skills and since we can't drink at the house, we went to the pond. Oh man life is good.

This week we started actual training and did our first service project with the Mashpee Shellfish Department. IT was soooooooooooooo fun. We got to wear waders and go in the river, rake up some oyster bags, rip em open and seed em elsewhere. I have been thinking i may want to go into fisheries science in the future ....
Today we learned more about Cape ecology and caught some creatures in the salt marsh

And to conclude, life is good.

1 comment:

laura said...

I heart pulling oysters off plastic netting. Yay AmeriCorps. Also, welcome to blogging; just another way to sell your soul.