Monday, September 04, 2006

Happy Labor Day

It's been almost a week since I started this Americorps Cape Cod business. I live in the Bourne house which is in the village of Pocasset. There's also a house in Wellfleet about an hour away. There are 13 people in the house, tomorrow there will be 14. I live in a quad, goodtimes.

Today was really fun, we had the day off but we woke up and had a house cleaning then we all headed to Provincetown. We visited the Sand Dunes which were beautiful. We hiked from the highway to the beach where we stayed a while. Then we went into the downtown area to some shops and what not.

Mostly everyone is just trying to get to know one another, there's a lot of movie watching, card playing, we went out with the other house the other night, some of us went swimming at the beach when it was definitely not sunny or warm, we all went to the library and got library cards...

So yea things are good, I can't wait to actually start doing things. This week we have a retreat for a couple days and then we have training til the end of september.

And veering off track a bit, I can't believe the croc hunter died. We weren't exactly close, but i'm kinda disturbed by this.

I don't really know how to blog yet... what writing style I should try for, so bear/bare? with me for a while until i get really good at this and you will look forward to reading about my life... hah jk but yea ..

No comments: